Monday, January 12, 2009

MAS

Today I received Miami Ad School's updated promotional materials...

and, well, I need out of Evanston. The Hamburg campus and the travel that would follow is giving me this itch I cannot currently scratch. I was not ready to do this a few years ago when I failed in my living-in-NYC endeavour but now I am ready to leave some stuff behind and tough it out; my dorm room at SVA was over-filled with belongings as I clung to everything I thought I could transport from Chicago to NYC. It was a messy, tear filled two years.

But now... I am ready. I am sitting in my room(s) that contain about a whole apartment worth of stuff crammed into half of the appropriate space. I want to leave a lot of it behind except some choice comfort books and and clothes. I love my accumulation of art supplies, I love my collection of art/coffee table books.... my photo equipment... my huge bed.... but you know what? I need to tough it out. This is becoming something I need to come back to in 2011 when I am ready to have my own place (Lincoln Square? I hope so) and deal with all of my......belongings.

Just a few more months and I get to start some things over. I can't wait. I need to face my "real life is scary" anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment